Sunday, June 29, 2014

Twirling

This skirt makes me feel like a Little House on the Prairie character! Laura or Mary, not Nellie. Giant poof sleeved monstrosities of Easter dresses remind me of Nellie. I love the way this skirt moves. It fans out and flutters just from walking, which looks lovely with the swirls of color.
Later in the day Chris and I escaped to the beach for a while, to look for driftwood for a project. We had to snap a few pictures of the skirt doing its thing in the wind. 

I am wondering how hard it would be to make a skirt like this, the individual components seem fairly simple! As my sewing skill increases a bit, I am starting to break down every garment I look at mentally. 
I would love to be able to sew all my own clothing eventually.  There's Little House on the Prairie for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment