Monday, June 9, 2014

Patched Knees


I am really, really hard on my knees. I enjoy longboarding, and am spectacularly klutzy even without wheels. Every picture of me as a kid (and okay not as a kid) includes skinned knees. And paint I missed somewhere, but that is another story.
So it is a very good thing I enjoy sewing, because patching things creatively can be even more fun than getting them in the first place! This doily has been floating around waiting for the perfect project for years, and finally I failed to notice a curb at Safeway. That sentence may not occur very often...
The doily was just stitched around the outside on my machine, though the inner parts could be stitched down in pretty thread for a cool design element. 
With a few thrifted items added I had a good outfit for a lazy Sunday in the sun. Oddly I think that pants with a giant doily on the front will probably match my entire wardrobe.
Its fun to imagine where this necklace came from originally. Maybe from a bustling, spice scented bazaar somewhere...
I hope you have a wonderful day, and retain all the skin on your knees! 

No comments:

Post a Comment