Thursday, June 19, 2014

Apricot

This was a risky dress. It sat at Goodwill for three weeks, tempting me, but with stains right on the front. Still it was such a lovely color, and set off perfectly by its golden swirls, that I finally gave in. Luckily my Grandma (confirmed expert on possibly everything) had the perfect solution. Dawn dish soap, applied directly and left to sit for two days!
And its gone like it never was! Sadly this does not work on all stains. I have a beautiful turquoise off the shoulder dress I've been wrestling with for a year. I've even dyed it with no success! But I can't bear to get rid of it because its so darn pretty. Sigh.
I am still however, incredibly happy with this one. I added a necklace I made myself, a thrifted henley, and some perfectly old fashioned leather heels.
And the belt from the infernal dress-which-will-not-unstain. So there is some consolation anyway.
I love the way this looks with the light shining through it, and there is plenty of beautiful light today.
We are off on an exciting spice hunting adventure in Olympia! Hope you have a marvelous day! Any tips on stain removal?

No comments:

Post a Comment