Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Old and The New


I'm sorting my bead collection, so that I can make some new pieces for a farmers market! There are beads here I have had for more than a decade and forgotten about. Something about the beautiful colors, the feel of the beads and the act of bringing order to all this loveliness is very relaxing. 
There are pieces of former favorite necklaces, homemade beads, beads salvaged from terrible thrift store necklaces (some of the best). My mind is buzzing with ideas! When I am in a creative rut, sorting things this way seems to help dislodge me. New combinations suggest themselves, and even new beads to create.
I've also been whipping up a few of these daisy chain necklaces for entertainment. I'd love to make a handful that coordinate, to wear at once for a big impact or separately to be more subtle. 
These vintage beauties were my Great Grandmothers, and I've been meaning to re string them for years. A few pearls seem like they would make a nice addition. A few old projects I may have to revisit were even mixed into the chaos!
Hope you have a marvelous day!

P.S. What do you like to do when you are stuck creatively? 

No comments:

Post a Comment