Friday, June 27, 2014

Over my Head

In the ongoing quest for house beautification, there has been a new addition! Chains of flowers and wooden beads, to hang from the sari canopy over the bed.
I thought about doing a tutorial, but it really is so simple! Paper Flowers, made with a loop in the back so they hang off center for a more realistic effect, spaced on yarn with wooden beads. They were hung with thumbtacks, which is great because it is a rental.
It is unfortunate that so many limitations come with renting. I would love to do a full canopy of sheer curtains, with beads throughout! In the meantime I do like how these look. They add lots of bright color, make lovely shadows and are a cheerful thing to wake up to.
This was a very inexpensive project. I had all the elements to hand, but even if you needed to buy everything the total would be less than ten dollars.
They have me thinking about what other parts of the house could use more flowers. Which is to say all of the parts of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment