Thursday, June 12, 2014

In Color


So until I looked at the photos, I was not aware that my dress and this wall were the same color! This mural in Aberdeen, Washington is one I've passed many times, and decided today to check out in detail. It is definitely the first I've seen to include both flappers and Ninja Turtles.

It is not, by a great distance, the oddest piece of art in the area. There are actually a great number of murals in town, which is something I love!
 It was early enough on a weekday that not too many people were passing through, which is lucky as this still makes me a bit self conscious.
Especially if I had know I had bright pink bra strap popping out all over. Sigh. This dress is a fairly simple one, but with an interesting back. I like this because it makes a nice canvas for interesting jewelry, and will be impervious to trends
Because I'm long past growing (more sighs) I am trying to focus on things I love enough to keep forever, and of nice enough quality to last so long. 
This part of town is one I will certainly have to explore further! 
Although I am hoping there are not too many more of these unwholesome looking clowns. (Are there wholesome looking ones?)


No comments:

Post a Comment