Tuesday, July 1, 2014

DIY decoupage bangle

Mod Podge may be one of the better inventions of man. I am mostly joking about that, but I do love its many possibilities. When I was a kid I generally used it to cover trunks and picture frames in creepy Victorian cherubs from cards. Creepy Victorian anything really! It was kind of a scary phase.

But I digress. Mod Podge is wonderful for reinvention, and a bangle is a great example. Plain wooden ones are easy to find at thrift stores and yard sales, and you can cover it in anything! I used an old fashioned (okay, slightly Victorian) paper bag, but maps, magazines and even old love notes work well.
Simply apply cut a strip wide enough to encase your bangle, or patches numerous enough to cover it, and apply Mod Podge to it and the bangle, then combine. Smooth the paper, and apply several coats (drying in between) to the outside. You can cover with varnish at this point for durability. And your done!
Hope you enjoy this project, and have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment